5 ways to motivate others:
1. Motivating employees starts with motivating yourself. Find out what motivates you and use it.
2. Each person is motivated by different things. The first thing you need to do is to find out what it is that really motivates each of your employees.
3. Few of us have the outstanding qualities of inspirational figures such as Nelson Mandela but we all have an ability to inspire employees in small but meaningful ways. When people are inspired they become more enthusiastic, motivated and engaged which invariably improves their performance
4. Killer whales like fish. Their trainers use it to raise the bar that they jump over – a bit at a time.
5. Learn to let go – you need to trust people to use their own judgment .